We constantly work towards minimising the impact of our products and services upon the environment. In accordance with our IS0 14001 accreditation and our environmental policy we strive to achieve the following:
- Meet and where appropriate exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation.
- Incorporate consideration of environmental factors into business decisions.
- Assess the environmental impact of individual products and services.
- Seek to reduce consumption and wastage of materials in all operations.
- Reuse rather than dispose of whenever possible.
- Recycle and encourage the use of recycling and recycled products and packaging there-of.
- Manage energy wisely in all operations and design energy efficiency into buildings, products and services.
- Reduce wherever practicable the level of harmful emissions and waste products.
- Work with our suppliers to minimise the environmental impact of their operations through a quality purchasing policy.
- Maintain an open information policy on environmental issues to any interested party.
- Provide staff with environmental awareness training and encourage employee initiatives that contribute to an improved environment.
- Consult with the local community on environmental issues.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure the environmental policy is fully implemented.
- Take all measures necessary to prevent pollution.
- Keep the environmental policy under regular review.
- Be committed to continual improvement.
A copy of our Environmental policy is given and explained to all staff on commencement of employment as part of their Orientation training.